We've added 2 new role improvements for "Users" and "Groups". Now, you can control who can view and manage users and groups in your LMS using 'Roles'. This is useful to delegate administrative controls for user/group management.
New Virtual Classroom Major Version (11/03/2018)
All the good things comes to an end...and be replaced with something way better!
We've launched our much-anticipated all-new virtual classroom major update across all 15 global locations worldwide. The new virtual classroom boasts a modern and responsive design along with new features such as code editor.
Here is a sneak preview of what to expect in this new version: https://braincert.wistia.com/medias/nvlhp5kr91
- Completely Revamped Design: We have been hard at work with a significant update to our entire UI and UX. Everything has been completely redesigned from the ground up with a collapsable right and left panels.
- Collaborative Code Editor: We have integrated an amazing built-in code editor to teach any kind of code in a virtual classroom session. Lock or unlock code editor to teach coding one-to-many or code online collaboratively.
- "Onedrive For Business" Integration: With this premium 'onedrive for business' integration, you can choose the Office 365 tenant and share files from OneDrive folders on the whiteboard. You can leverage this feature from Cloud Uploader using document tool.
- Collapsible Navigation: The all-new collapsible navigation blocks makes it possible to close or open whiteboard tools on the left and video/attendee list/chat menus on the right making more room for the whiteboard viewing area.
- Chat Timestamp: This new feature shows the localized timestamp of the messages arrived in the global chat area.
- New Whiteboard Paper Tool: We've removed the old 'grid' tool and added new lined, grid and millimeter paper background tools.
- Take photo from student's webcam: This is a useful feature created specifically for younger students in mind. Instructor can now take a photo from student's webcam and show it on the whiteboard or save locally.
Bug Fixes & Improvements:
- [NEW] Add whiteboard Background tool
- [NEW] Redesign the speaker output drop-down menu width in Video settings
- [IMPROVEMENT] Show audio\video permissions pop-ups above all other windows
- [FIX] Filtering PDF library content by date does not work
- [IMPROVEMENT] Add ability to move Video Settings window
- [IMPROVEMENT] Add mention someone pop-up button to the chat
- [IMPROVEMENT] Improve naming format in attendee list
- [IMPROVEMENT] Show name abbreviation in chat
- [IMPROVEMENT] Remove the grid tool that is inside line tools
- [IMPROVEMENT] Improve UX and fix UI issues in the text chat
- [NEW] Add ability to pass presenter role to a student in Break Room
- [IMPROVEMENT] Keep showing video/audio in video settings without disappearing it for a second when recording button is pressed
- [IMPROVEMENT] Improve Screen Share tool
- [NEW] To add "Export as PDF", and "Export as an image" features when right-clicking on the whiteboard
- [FIX] Fix isVideo=1 (single recorded video file) option which was not producing final recorded file.
- [New] To create Photo feature for Presenter which is used to take photo from student's webcam output.
- [FIX] Speed check tool is taking too much time to product results
- [IMPROVEMENT] Add ChromeOS detection in "info box" popup in attendee list.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Show number of attendees in a break room
- [New] Add ability to pass presenter role to a student in BreakRoom
- [IMPROVEMENT] Improve whiteboard drawing smoothness and teacher tools performance
- [NEW] Add pagination for document and media library to allow faster loading of larger content library.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Minor UI improves
- [IMPROVEMENT] Using eraser tool on the border of highlighted area make this area turn into square
- [IMPROVEMENT] Cube, cylinder and cone one tool lines are disappearing when user redact them
- [IMPROVEMENT] Acute angles disappear on erase
- [IMPROVEMENT] Change save icon design in popups
- [IMPROVEMENT] Add borderlines for overall whiteboard navigation panes
- [IMPROVEMENT] change default interface font to make it more modern
- [IMPROVEMENT] Improve design for right click menu
- [IMPROVEMENT] Add keyboard shortcuts for whiteboard objects
- [IMPROVEMENT] Improve right bar design
- [IMPROVEMENT] Redesign navigation and menus in mobile version
- [IMPROVEMENT] Change active speaker animation
- [IMPROVEMENT] Make all VC button's pictures in vector format
- [IMPROVEMENT] Move Net Speed check functionality into Video settings sub tab
- [IMPROVEMENT] Draw tools instruments pop up doesn't appear right under the tool
- [IMPROVEMENT] Add cam\mic turn on\off buttons on the top bar on the right
- [IMPROVEMENT] Add logout button on the top bar on the right
- [IMPROVEMENT] Increase default width of media player pop-up
- [NEW] Add collaborative code editor
- [NEW] Presenter should be able to allow/block code editor tabs to all students
- [NEW] Sort code editor drop down menus by alphabetical order
- [NEW] Improve help page popup for code editor
- [NEW] Make codeEditor independent for each BreakRoom
- [FIX] iOS devices receive sound stream only when they switch on their own mic
- [FIX] Fix lagging Eraser tool
- [IMPROVEMENT] Move recording timer to the left side of recording stop button
- [NEW] Add ability to upload document from Onedrive for business using Document tool
- [FIX] When there are more than 2 elements drawn on each other eraser tool is working by layers
- [NEW] Play a sound for receiver when first message in private chat is received
- [IMPROVEMENT] Users should be able to turn on more than one screen share and switch between tabs while screen share is active
- [FIX] Draw tools don't reappear when enlarged code editor is closed
- [FIX] Chat messages can move all the layout up in Firefox browser making it unusable
Bulk import test questions from a CSV file
Instead of adding test question manually, you can choose to directly import question banks from CSV files with just a click of a button. Creating CSV format files and importing questions from them is useful if you have to add large number of questions in your tests.
Prevent copying of uploaded contents
When you upload documents such as PPT, PDF, DOC and other supported file formats, it gets converted into an online courseware format on the fly. Students were able to select text from the document viewer and able to copy the contents.
Now, we have implemented a security feature by modifying the document's security settings using "Disable text copy" option. This step can protect the document's contents and manage the distribution and use of sensitive information. When uploading new files, you will be prompted to select this option to enforce document security.
Edit existing contents to check this option.
'Auto select nearest datacenter region' fix and the new 'Capacity' feature in virtual classroom
The previously reported issue of all the traffic going to Dallas, TX location when using 'auto select nearest location' feature is now fixed. When you schedule a live class and leave the default option, it will now assign class to the nearest datacenter location and/or takes the least congestion free network path in to consideration.
Furthermore, we've improved this feature to include 'capacity' in to consideration. When you schedule a class with high number of attendees, the built-in 'capacity' tool will find the best performing servers from our cluster pool and reserve it for the class to offer the best possible performance.
Introducing Amsterdam Data Center
We're excited to announce the launch our new virtual classroom region: Amsterdam, Netherlands! This brings our datacenter coverage to 15 global locations worldwide making BrainCert the largest virtual classroom provider!
As always, we bring the same high-performance and reliable technology stack that we have developed over the years and that is in use in all our previous data centers. Our latest Amsterdam datacenter offers high performance and low latency performance to the rest of the world and provides fault tolerance to other European locations that BrainCert offers - Frankfurt, London, Milan and Paris.
VC issues related to 'single video file' and 'auto select datacenter location' features
We are currently investigating issues related to session recording and intelligent routing to nearest datacenter feature.
1) Customers are advised NOT to use "Single video file" parameter that concatenate multiple video files into a single video file. Due to a bug with current version, the final video is not produced in few situations. This has been fixed in the upcoming major version anticipated in 2-3 weeks.
2) "Auto select nearest datacenter location" feature is routing most of the classes to Dallas, TX location which maybe congested due to high volume of traffic. Customers are advised to manually select a datacenter location.
Introducing course categories and new course catalog with filters
As per popular request, we've now introduced the ability to divide and organize courses in categories. The course category groups courses into logical groups and makes it easy to filter courses in the catalog.
Creating a course category
To create a course category, Click on the "Categories" left menu item under Courses.
Click "Add Category" button and insert category name and description and save it.
When creating new courses (or edit existing courses), you'll see the option to assign a course category.
Switching to advanced course catalog
To switch to the new course catalog with filters to sort courses by category, go to 'Account & Settings' and 'Basic Settings'. Scroll all the way down and select "Advanced catalog with search, course blocks and filter options" and save it.
Now, when you navigate to course catalog, you'll see the new course catalog.
You can switch between the two catalog display style anytime.
New navigation menu for courses, tests and live classes
We've introduced a new navigational menu for courses, tests and live classes inner views that is designed for easy navigation between each available option without the need to go back to the main landing page.
Create professional certificates for courses and tests using our newly redesigned online certificate maker
We’ve been busy over the last few months revamping our certificate designer tool for Enterprise LMS! We’ve made our certificate engine tool more streamlined, more intuitive and even more easy to use for you and your entire team to deliver course and test completion certificate online.
We’ve updated the entire interface from top to bottom with a new design and fun, new ways to get work done. Here are just a sampling of upgrades we’ve made:
Our newly designed certificate canvas is completely responsive and loaded with powerful features. With customizable fonts and custom tags, you can offer a one-of-a-kind and amazing certificate that your student would be happy to receive in just a few clicks.
No published changelogs yet.
Surely Enterprise LMS will start publishing changelogs very soon.
Check out our other public changelogs: Buffer, Mention, Respond by Buffer, JSFiddle, Olark, Droplr, Piwik Pro, Prott, Ustream, ViralSweep, StartupThreads, Userlike, Unixstickers, Survicate, Envoy, Gmelius, CodeTree