While our team of developers are working hard to bring in new features & functionalities, occasionally we also remove features and functionality, often because we have added a better option or because of security concerns. Starting 12th March, 2021 we have deprecated the One-on-One chat feature due to end of life and security concerns.
The One-on-One chat feature has been deprecated from the LMS Platform
New color picker feature added to the Login page text
Earlier LMS users did not have an option to change the color of texts on the login page and were restricted to using the default black color. We have now added a color picker tool to the login page editor to let users modify the text color to suit their color theme.
We No Longer Support Adobe Flash Player
Adobe has stopped supporting its iconic flash player starting December 31, 2020 and has blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021.
Owing to security reasons, we no longer support uploading Flash content in the content library or using Flash interactive content in your courses.
Virtual Classroom Update (January 31, 2021)
We have rolled out a new update to our Virtual Classroom platform. The new update comes with 4 major performance improvements, 11 major bug fixes, and some minor bug fixes.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Recording improvements for faster processing
- [IMPROVEMENT] Better optimized audio & video performance with iOS devices running Safari 12+ browser
- [IMPROVEMENT] Seamless connectivity and better performance even when there are more than 100 attendees in a room
- [IMPROVEMENT] Improved connectivity test results
- [FIX] User's placeholder background in attendee list briefly disappears when user enters the VC
- [FIX] Chat panel icons are upside down when the panel is collapsed in right-to-left interface
- [FIX] User cannot upload files from cloud services
- [FIX] The teacher(s) should always be at the top of the attendee list
- [FIX] Content in Latex tool is misplaced in right-to-left interface
- [FIX] Wolfram alpha examples button is overlapped by text in right-to-left interface
- [FIX] Expanded mode videos are misplaced in right-to-left interface
- [FIX] VC board interface breaks when users try to draw on the board before the board is loaded
- [FIX] Student-presenters cannot scroll whiteboard inside Breakrooms
- [FIX] Change code editor tooltip style
- [FIX] Recording does not start automatically for the second teacher when the first teacher leaves the room
Our newly redesigned Enterprise LMS Platform is now live!
We're excited to announce the launch of redesigned Enterprise LMS platform with many more advanced features that takes advantage of some of the latest trends as well as emphasize what matters most: a better user experience across all our product ecosystem.
Over the last few years, BrainCert has invested heavily to upgrade its technology infrastructure as digital expansion continues to be a growth engine for the company.
Core updates include:
Manage multiple domains
Centralized dashboard to manage multiple branded LMS domains from a single account.
Fully redesigned admin dashboards
Completely redesigned admin dashboard with an efficient design focused on increasing workflow productivity.
Improvements when managing large data tables
Improved analytics and reporting with support for very large data sets in complex data tables.
Automated CDN site, SSL cert, and WAF generation
New customers can easily create their LMS platform with their own hostname. BrainCert automatically provision CDN site, 256-bit SSL certificate and Web Application Firewall (WAF) for each domain.
Improved Virtual Classroom experience
Built upon scalable, secure and reengineered architecture, BrainCert Virtual Classroom offers end-to-end encryption and stable connectivity across 10 global datacenter locations.
- Upgraded core infrastructure for fastest WebRTC connectivity
- Improved processing of MP4 recorded files
- Background ambient noise reduction
- Superior support for VP8 codec in iOS 14+ devices
- Optimized user interface for Android and iOS mobile users
Virtual Classroom Update (October 12, 2020)
We have rolled out an update to our Virtual Classroom build. Below are the fixes and improvements.
- [IMPROVEMENT] We have now drastically improved our content library for the optimum performance.
- [IMPROVEMENT] We've now greatly lowered the CPU utilization.
- [FIX] Color-pick pop-up disappears for users after certain actions of other users.
- [FIX] Media player is not automatically closed for students when teacher ends class.
- [FIX] Tooltip does not disappear if user manages to hover over it.
- [FIX] Change tooltip for fullscreen button when fullscreen is on.
- [FIX] Hide students' cursors if they do not have an access to board.
Virtual Classroom Patch Update (August 30, 2020)
We've rolled a Virtual Classroom patch with the following fixes and improvements:
- [IMPROVEMENT] We've added noise reduction feature to greatly improve the audio quality for Chrome and Firefox users. We haven't made any changes for Safari browser, because it doesn't support such functionality.
- [IMPROVEMENT] We've updated enlarged mode and it looks better now.
- [FIX] We've fixed the issue with the right panel which sometime doesn't open
- [FIX] Board content disappears after user 'undo' the last action if copy or cut functionality was used
- [FIX] Student can still use Select and Text tool after a tab was locked again
- [FIX] Big videos in Enlarged mode get green borders even when small videos are not being dragged
- [FIX] Students should not be able to use keyboard shortcuts to delete objects on the whiteboard when the tab is "unlocked" by the presenter
Default Landing Page
This new feature allows you to set a default landing page to your LMS site.
Go to "Account & Settings", and "Basic Settings" view. Now, click on the "Landing Page" tab and set course, test or live class catalog as the default landing page other than the login page.
New Virtual Classroom Major Version Update (August 16, 2020)
We have now upgraded our new Virtual Classroom build across all global datacenter locations. We are introducing some of the new and exciting features from our roadmap. There is also great improvement on the audio and video to offer superior performance.
1) Supports 10 concurrent video streams
Collaborate face-to-face with your attendees in real-time with enlarged video conference mode that now supports upto 10 concurrent video streams with automatic speaker detection. There is no limit on audio conferencing and it is based on your subscription package.
2) Improved audio/video connectivity
We have now greatly improved audio/video connectivity with much quicker connection time and overall performance improvement in larger groups.
3) Lock/unlock whiteboard for students
With this new version, Instructors can either lock or unlock whiteboard for students to meet compliance requirements. This feature is specifically designed for younger students where they do not access to all the whiteboard tools such as eraser tool but can collaborate with pen tool with the instructor and other students.
If an Instructor locks the whiteboard students will not be able to write or draw anything on the whiteboard area. Instructors need to enable unlock option for the whiteboard if he/she wishes students to write or draw on the whiteboard.
Also, the existing whiteboard access permission for the student under the attendee list is still available. This feature can be used to promote additional instructors or moderators giving them full whiteboard access.
4) Annotate on top of screen sharing
Instructors can annotate on top on screen sharing. They can also allow students to annotate by unlocking screen share whiteboard for students.
5) Improved document viewer and whiteboard performance
We have now improved the document viewer functionality. All uploaded contents will be processed much quickly and displayed on the whiteboard with appropriate zoom level for easy readability.
6) Faster WebRTC connection
This version is equipped with faster WebRTC connection that enables the quick real-time communication with larger rooms that has over 500 participants and improved WARP algorithm for better congestion control and low-latency performance.
7) Optimized layout for Mobile & Tablet devices
Optimized layout to access tools quicker and maximum viewing area in tablets and mobile devices.
8) Recordings now includes uploaded audio and video files
All Audio and Video files streamed using media player from the content library inside Virtual Classroom will now appear in class recordings with the exception of for YouTube and Vimeo links shared. YouTube has changed their API and forbids playing videos on recordings, so there is no official way to bypass it.
9) Remember selected microphone and webcam devices
With this feature, the microphone and webcam devices selected in a VC session will be remembered when joining the next session.
10) Improved processing of recordings (backend)
We have now greatly improved the processing time of our 720p MP4 HD recordings for both standard and enhanced recorder options.
11) Remember the stroke & fill colors and active whiteboard tool
The active stroke and fill color selection will be remembered along with the active whiteboard tool when the browser is reloaded or when the instructor rejoin the session.
12) New broadcast message design (for BreakRooms)
We have now changed the design of broadcast messages to all attendees in BreakRooms from the chat area.
Bug Fixes & Improvements:
We have also have fixed other minor issues listed below:
- [FIX] Videos cannot be viewed in full screen on iOS devices
- [FIX] Sometimes the camera icon appear to be turned on when only microphone is on
- [FIX] Hide rotate button for documents for students with only teacher's tools access
- [FIX] Student's screensharing is overlapped by whiteboard if student starts it without presenter
- [FIX] Fix Audio/Video connectivity issue with Safari browser on Mac OS
- [IMPROVEMENT] Increase text tool's initial text area in Firefox
- [FIX] "Undo" does not work for "delete"
- [FIX] Copying/pasting with hotkeys doesn't work after copying with context menu
- [IMPROVEMENT] Relocate camera snapshot icon next to name over videos
- [IMPROVEMENT] Zoom uploaded documents x2 to fit whiteboard width
- [IMPROVEMENT] Show context menu for a selected element by long tap on mobile devices
- [FIX] Video statistics are not calculated correctly in Safari and Mozilla
- [FIX] "Allow attendees to control video playback" toggle doesn't work sometimes
SSL Certificates now powered by Sectigo
We have migrated LMS customer SSL certificates to Sectigo (Comodo), the largest commercial Certificate Authority in the world ensuring that the traffic is encrypted with 256-bit encryption.
Your SSL certificate is renewed automatically and instantly propagated to all BrainCert edge nodes protecting your LMS domain with strong encryption.